3 children among five charred to death as hut catches fire UP
Kanpur, March 12: In an unfortunate incident that took place on early Sunday, where a couple and their three children were killed when a fire broke out in their hut in Haramau village, police said.
According to the information received from police, a woman also sustained serious burns in the blaze. There are preliminary probe suggested that a short circuit caused the fire that broke out when the family was sleeping.
Also Read: Karnataka: Locals shower flowers at PM Modi’s mega road show in Mandya
After investigation, the deceased were identified as Satish (27), a labourer, his wife Kajal (24), their sons Sunny (7), Sandeep (4) and daughter Gudia (2), Superintendent of Police (Kanpur Dehat) BBGTS Murthy said. The bodies have been sent for autopsy.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath condoled the loss of lives in the incident and directed district officials to ensure the injured gets proper treatment.
Further details awaited…
- With inputs from agencies