Nation

Sidhu Moosewala case: No relief for gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, HC labels his plea ‘pre-mature’

By Dinkle Popli -- June 02, 2022 2:55 pm -- Updated:June 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Chandigarh, June 2: In a major jolt to gangster Lawrence Bishnoi, the Punjab and Haryana High Court has dismissed his plea for more security amid the fear of a fake encounter.
Bishnoi alleged that he had been implicated in the FIR registered in the murder case of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala on the basis of "claims made on social media platforms".

Also Read |Sidhu MooseWala’s fans pay tribute by getting tattoos of late singer

Jailed gangster Lawrence Bishnoi (35), a suspect in the case, on Wednesday moved the Punjab and Haryana High Court seeking to restrain the Judicial Magistrate of Mansa, Punjab, from issuing production warrants for producing and handing over his custody to the SIT of the Punjab Police and to interrogate him in the FIR registered at Mansa, through online mode or video conferencing facility.

Lawrence Bishnoi’s counsel told the court that he had been granted relief by the high court in another matter. Bringing Bishnoi would mean endangering his life, he argued.
While making a statement in the High court, the Punjab AG said, “We have not yet nominated Lawrence Bishnoi in this FIR, the investigation is still underway. On that account there is no chance, as of now, to bring him to Punjab on production warrant”.

It is to be mentioned that Bishnoi is already on Delhi police production remand till June 5 in another case.


The court, while giving its verdict, stated the petition filed by infamous gangster Bishnoi is "pre-mature and is non-maintainable, therefore stands dismissed".

Earlier, on Wednesday, Bishnoi’s counsel withdrew his plea from the Delhi High Court and said he would approach the Punjab and Haryana High Court.

Also Read |J-K: 3 soldiers injured in blast in Shopian

-PTC News

 

  • Share