Nation

Delhi to continue 7 year streak of ban on firecrackers, says Environment Minister Gopal Rai  

By Dinkle Popli -- September 07, 2022 11:22 am -- Updated:September 07, 2022 11:22 am

New Delhi: Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai today said there will be a "complete ban" on the production, sale and use of firecrackers this Diwali in the national capital.

Also Read: MeitY takes note of Arshdeep Singh’s wiki page, may take action on Wikipedia: Sources 

To save the people of Delhi from the danger of pollution, like last year, this time too a complete ban is being imposed on the production, storage, sale and use of all types of firecrackers, so that people's lives can be saved.

This time there will also be a ban on online sale/delivery of firecrackers in Delhi. This restriction will remain in force till January 1, 2023” said Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai in a tweet.

An action plan will be drawn up with Delhi Police, DPCC and Revenue Department to strictly implement the ban.

The minister said that the ban will continue till January 1, 2023.

Also Read| ‘Bhagwant Mann claiming undue attention, toll plaza contract is ending anyway’ alleges opposition

-PTC News

  • Share