Covid 19: Amid uptick in cases, Chandigarh Administration issues advisory on wearing of masks
Chandigarh, March 27: Amid increasing number of Covid 19 cases in several states and UTs, including Chandigarh, the Chandigarh Administration on Monday issued an advisory directing all residents to strictly adhere to Covid-appropriate behaviour.
The Chandigarh Administration has listed Do's and Don'ts to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the city. Check the list below.
1. Wear mask in crowded and closed settings
2. Doctors, paramedics and other healthcare workers as well as patients and their attendants to wear masks within healthcare facilities.
3. Cover nose and mouth with handkerchief and tissue while sneezing and coughing.
4. Throw used tissues into closed bins immediately after use.
5. Practice frequent hand washing. Wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol based hand rub. Wash hands even if they are visibly clean.
6. Limit personal contact if suffering from respiratory diseases.
7. See a doctor if you feel unwell (fever, cough, difficulty in breathing etc.). While visiting doctor wear mask to cover your mouth & nose. 8. Early reporting of symptoms and testing for COVID.
1. Avoid overcrowded and poorly ventilated settings particularly by co- morbid persons and the elderly.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
3. Avoid spitting in public places.
- With inputs from our correspondent