The ICSE Board exams 2021 for Class 10 conducted by the Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) are just a few weeks away.
Class 10 students are gearing up and adding the final touches to their preparation to ensure that they get the maximum marks possible. To ensure effective and structured preparation for the examinations, practising with sample papers is highly recommended.
Let's analyse how sample question paper can you help you score high.
1. Solving sample question papers enables students to practice rigorously, and get visibility into the examination format.
2. Sample question papers also improves their speed and accuracy while attempting questions.
3. Practicing with sample question papers also helps in tracking your preparation level, and analysing where you are going wrong.
3. Sample papers also help to address learning gaps, conceptual misalignments and will boost your preparation.
Here are five reasons why preparing with a sample question paper can level-up your exam preparation.
1. Examination strategy
This year, there have been changes in the examination syllabus and pattern. Students need to be thoroughly conversant with the new MCQ examination strategy.
As per the revised assessment guidelines, ICSE Board exams 2021 are going to be MCQ based. Hence, it's essential to have subject knowledge and also an exam insight. Sample question papers can help you in that.
MCQs have a number of answering strategies -
* Best fit,
* Most probable and so on.
According to experts, familiarity with these strategies can save students a lot of minutes, reducing the overall time available to them.
2. Rigorous Practice
Practice gives students a visibility into the examination structure, pattern, and marking scheme and also boosts confidence. Along practising, try to practise from sample question papers to leave no stone unturned.
Few crucial components of exam preparation are consistency, improvement, self-assessment, sample questions paper and so forth. Students can do a thorough analysis of which topics they are repeatedly finding difficult to score in and prepare a list of such topics and practice questions specifically for those topics with sample question paper.
4. Time management
Time is of the essence in the examination hall. Recently, the CISCE has published a time management chart on how to attempt the MCQ based exams.
Highlights of the chart for class 10th are -
* For the comprehension section, students have been advised to spend 1 min for 1 marks MCQ, 1.5 minutes for the 2 marks MCQ, and 3 minutes for the 5 marks MCQ.
* For the grammar section, students are recommended to spend 0.5 minute for 0.5 marks MCQ, and 1-2 minutes for 1 marks MCQ.
5. Mock Examination
To reduce examination anxiety, students should practise creating a mock examination scenario at home. With the help of sample papers, students should time themselves and appear for the examination exactly the way they would in real life. It will prepare them for the challenge of answering an MCQ based examination.
-PTC News with inputs from ANI